Monday, August 4, 2008

Daily Word for August 4, 2008

I thought today's Daily Word set the right mental tone for my very green birthday eco-tour! A great way to start a new year of life in appreciation for the natural wonders nurturing us and surrounding us:


Young at Heart

I welcome new experiences and meet each day with childlike wonder.
To a child, each new day is a new adventure, for it holds opportunities for learning--ideas to explore, feelings to experience. Children greet each day with an open mind and an eagerness to learn.
As a child of God, I look forward to a new beginning every day. A cheerful heart helps me meet every opportunity with childlike trust in right results.
I consider that even a challenge is an opportunity for me to make new choices. And, like a child delighted by a first snowfall or surprised by the first taste of a delicious food, I find joy in every moment.
The assurance that God's spirit is within me and in every situation puts a song in my heart and a smile on my face. I am truly blessed to be young at heart.
"Amazement seized all of them, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying, 'We have seen strange things today.'"--Luke 5:26

2 comments:

Ananda said...

happy b-day. i read this mesage earlier today. it is perfect for your b-day. tyou for sharing cleveland's eco-tour. this was really cool. i am located right by a store called greater goods which is like the planet green shop you featured.congratulations to your son on gaining the green client. i love the fact that cleveland has a green building. very eco-cool.peace and green joy, ananda

Unknown said...

Thank you for the feedback Ananda. We had a fun day together and I slept pretty well that night for a change! The green building visit was educational, Cleveland has actually added several green or LEED buildings since the Environmental Center was developed. Many more are planned. There will be a tour in September. If permitted I will tape the tour and post to the blog.

I love your site! I am a proud owner of the BAP Handbook myself. You put a lot of love and energy into the site and it shows.

Peace.