Saturday, April 4, 2009

Street Garden Don'ts


After digging up a reasonable amount of my yard, about three years ago I started a curbside garden in the sunniest part of my property and for about two seconds thought about planting some edibles there. As appealing and utilitarian as the idea of sharing your goods with the community seems, this humorous post, compliments of You Grow Girl, clearly explains my reluctance at placing edible plants within reach of the general public.
I did wind up planting some tomatoes there out of sheer experimentation. They did quite well, but I haven't planted any other edibles there since.

1 comment:

Quiskaeya said...

Ewwwww that pic of dog doodoo was enough to convince me street gardening is not in my future. People have no respect. Sheesh. Glad your venture went well. I'll be starting up my porch gardening in the next few weeks. I. AM. SO. EXCITED! I'll be growing tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, peas and cabbage.